Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tagged....

So Erin tagged us and since I have not been very good at updating I decided to participate.
The rule for the tag is to go to your picture folders on your computer and pick the fourth folder and the fourth picture in the folder and explain.
This is where we come to this flashback of the good ole days at Mt. Lebanon. This picutre is from the summer of 1999. Nick had just graduated from SGP and I had just finished my first year at Baylor. Can you find us in the picture?
I am very close to the middle of the picture (I had highlights that summer) and Nick is closer to the left side of the picture in the back standing close to the sign. Mt. Lebanon has held some great summer memories. This was by far the best job I ever had. I worked there for 3 summers and they were all so much fun. Nick and I worked this summer together and some during the year during the off season. We both hold such fond memories of the staff, campers and all the great activities that were involved in the camp. Some of the highlights were: the huge food fight that we had (we used some really gross stuff) , working on a tan as I guarded the pool, Erin putting foil on her tooth so that she looked like her fellow coworker (LaDeen) in the health clinic, Nick learning to back up a huge trailer with a tractor in the woods, Nick loved working the rock wall and having trash duty, having bible studies with the other staffers, Nate, Wendy and I getting the night off so that we could go home and watch the N'Sync concert on TV, Floyd (this is the huge cardboard bear that we fought over one summer), hanging out with the kids, cleaning some really messy and gross cabins on Fridays and most of all Rob Kessler (he was the best boss ever)!!

So now I get to tag....Tara, Erik, Lesli....your turn. Have fun!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for participating! Gotta love Mt. Leb! I guess that was the 1st year I wasn't there.

Gerald and Wendy said...

Hey girl!! Didn't know you were part of the blog world.. I'm not yet, but G and I are working on it. I haven't thought of Floyd in years. It made me laugh out loud.

Lindsey Stewart said...

Hey Nick and Kacey! I'm not really sure how I found your blog...ha...but I was so excited that I did! The even "weirder" thing was that my parents just received Nick's Mission letter just the other day! So neat what you are wanting to do! Looks like y'all are doing great!

Nonni said...

Kac--that really takes me back to those days--ya'll would come draggin in--tired and dirty from a week of hard work---I would be so happy to see you for the weekend! That was a fun time. So glad for the friendships you developed on that holy ground. lu---mom (nonni)